Millions of Americans now have health insurance through the Marketplace. But there are still many more who may not have enrolled only because the Marketplace system seems complicated and hard to understand.
In order to raise awareness and understanding of how the Marketplace works, the Denver Regional Office of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services is offering 3 identical Marketplace 101 webinars for people who need a basic understanding, so they can be more confident in using and enrolling in coverage through the Marketplace. Assisters, healthcare providers, advocacy groups, and individuals are all welcome to participate.
Some of the topics in these “Marketplace 101” webinars include:
• What is the Marketplace and how does it work
• What do plans cover, and what the differences are among plan choices
• Who DOESN’T need to enroll in a Marketplace plan
• How small businesses can enroll their employees, and even get a tax credit for doing so
• Who is eligible to enroll, and the valid time periods for doing so
• How the enrollment process works, and where to get help if needed
• Premium tax credits to reduce the cost of insurance and cost sharing reductions to lower the cost of care
• Medicaid eligibility
• Marketplace and Medicare
• Marketplace resources
• Q & A
We are offering 3 opportunities for you to participate and view the webinar.
To register, please click on the link of the webinar you would like to attend. All will feature the same Marketplace 101 presentation with time for Q & A.
Please note, the presentation for each session will be identical. We hope you will join one.