RWJF Awards for Health Equity
2016 Call for Applications
Release Date: February 3, 2016
The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) Awards for Health Equity program advances RWJF’s vision of working with others to build a Culture of Health by recognizing and celebrating individuals who have successfully implemented systems changes related to the multiple determinants of health. Recognition of these efforts increases the visibility and awareness of the urgent need and solutions for systems changes to achieve health equity in our society.
We are requesting proposals from national nonprofit membership organizations and/or associations to establish an annual awards program to honor individuals who implement systems changes to solve health disparities.
A total of four grants up to $52,000 each will be awarded.
Each grant will support an annual awards program for six years.
February 24, 2016 (2 p.m. ET) Applicant Web Conference.
Please click here to register for the conference. Registration is required to participate.
March 30, 2016 (5 p.m. ET) Deadline for receipt of full proposals.*
June 1, 2016 Finalists notified of funding recommendations.
September 1, 2016 Grants initiated.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Applicant organizations must be national nonprofit membership organizations or associations.
- Applicant organizations must be based in the United States or its territories.
- Applicant organizations should represent one of the following sectors: business, media, faith-based, or philanthropy.
- Applicant organizations must hold annual meetings.
- Applicant organizations (and the organizations’ members) must work in an area that advances systems-change approaches to improve access to quality care, education, employment, income, community environment, housing, or public safety.
- Applicant organizations (and the organization’s members) must have demonstrated successful efforts in improving outcomes for groups most affected by health disparities.