What is Mental Health First Aid?Mental Health First Aid is an 8-hour course that teaches participants how to help a person developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis. The help is given until appropriate treatment and support are received or until the crisis resolves.
Action Plan: ALGEE
- A: Assess for risk of suicide or harm
- L: Listen nonjudgmentally
- G: Give reassurance and information
- E: Encourage appropriate professional help
- E: Encourage self-help and other support strategies.
Time and Place
July 11th, 8:00 am -12:00 pm AND July 12th, 10 am – 2:00 pm
To receive a certificate and obtain all the information, BOTH days must be attended in full.
Sunset City Offices
1300 N 200 W Sunset, UT (In the Sunset Room)
Lunch will be provided on the 12th
To register for the training please email Andrea Hood email@example.com Or call 801-538-6599.
This training is free and open to the public.