Today, the Division of Adolescent and School Health (DASH) released the 2013 national, state, and local Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS) results on the YRBS website atwww.cdc.gov/yrbs.
The release includes:
- an MMWR Surveillance Summary that includes results from the 2013 National YRBS and from 42 state and 21 local YRBSs
- new fact sheets and summary documents
- an updated version of Youth Online - a web-based data system that allows users to view and analyze national, state, and local YRBS results
- an updated version of the YRBS Data Widget - a small web application that national, state, and local partners can place directly on their agency’s or organization’s website to help disseminate YRBS results quickly and conveniently
- public-use datasets and technical documentation
The YRBS monitors six categories of priority health-risk behaviors among high school students—behaviors that contribute to unintentional injuries and violence; tobacco use; alcohol and other drug use; sexual behaviors that contribute to unintended pregnancy and sexually transmitted diseases, including HIV infection; unhealthy dietary behaviors; and physical inactivity—plus the prevalence of asthma and obesity.
For more information about the YRBS:
Phone: 1-800-CDC-INFO (1-800-232-4636)