2015 Open Enrollment Quick Facts
- 140,612 Utahns enrolled in ACA Health Insurance
- South Jordan, Lehi and St. George are enrolling the most Utahns in ACA in 2015
- Rank 1 - South Jordan (84095) = 2,566 enrolled
- Rank 2- Lehi (84043) = 2,450
- Rank 3 - St. George (84790) = 2,192
- Cities in Washington and Utah Counties saw a surge in ACA enrollment
- Utah Children are enrolling in ACA insurance at 2.75 times the national average
- Utah under 18 = 22%
- U.S. under 18 = 8%
- Children account for 1/3 of all Utahns who enrolled in ACA insurance in 2015
- 88% of Utahns enrolling on healthcare.gov received a premium subsidy (123,739 Utahns received subsidies)
- Over 90% Utahns could have found coverage for less than $100 a month on healthcare.gov
- The average subsidy in Utah is $159/month reducing premium costs by an average of 63%.
- In 2015, half of Utahns enrolling in ACA insurace on healthcare.gov are new customers. (49% newly enrolled, 51% re-enrolled)
- In 2015, 25% of all Utahns re-enrolling on healthcare.gov switched their insurance plans.
For more information about enrollment facts, contact Jason Stevenson at UHPP at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are facing a tax fee for not having health insurance last year, you can still enroll. Contact 2-1-1 for or Take Care Utah at www.takecareutah.org to reach a trained counselor to help you understand your new options and find affordable health care coverage.