This is the fourth year the Utah Division of Emergency Management (DEM) and Be Ready Utah have sponsored the ShakeOut! And, the Utah Department of Health is asking you to participate. The wellness councils at each UDOH building will be putting up posters and instructions. You will be notified of the drill via a UNIS alert which is your cue to Drop, Cover, and Hold On!
- You can sign up at ShakeOut.org/Utah
- Signing up allows people to be counted with more than 700,000 Utahns who are already participating.
- At , pretend an earthquake is happening by practicing the earthquake actions of drop, cover and hold on for two minutes.
- Then, take some time to review your emergency kit supplies, emergency plans or evacuation procedures.
- Share your experience on social media with the hashtag #ShakeOut.
UDOH April newsletter