Now that school’s back in session, don’t forget about putting one of the most important things on your college must-have list: health coverage.
Getting health coverage may be easier and cheaper than you think. College student have several options:
- Health coverage through your college.
- Staying covered under your parent’s health plan until you turn 26.
- If you’re under 30, you can buy a Catastrophic health plan to protect yourself from worst-case scenarios.
- You can enroll in a 2016 Health Insurance Marketplace plan starting on November 1, 2015. Most people qualify for financial help to lower premium costs.
- You may qualify for Medicaid, a combined state and federal program that provides coverage to people with limited income.
The HealthCare.gov Team