Eligible students are selected on the basis of family background, life challenges, scholastic effort and involvement in community activities that promote cultural pride and strengthen the Chicana/o-Latina/o community. Financial need may strongly influence the final selection.
To qualify for the scholarship, applicants must be:
• Admitted to the University of Utah as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student,
• Eligible to receive federal financial aid, and
• A resident of the state of Utah (minimum of 5 years).
To apply for the scholarship, applicants must submit:
• The Chicana/o Scholarship Fund Application (with personal statement),
• Official academic transcripts,
• Two letters of recommendation, and
• Copy of financial aid letter.
If you need assistance, have any questions or need an application, please contact Feleti Matagi, Director of Undergraduate Diversity Scholarships, at (801) 581-4378 or firstname.lastname@example.org.