Salary: $26.75 Hourly/$4,636 Monthly
Opening Date: 01/04/2012 Closing Date: 01/11/2012
Position Type: Full-Time Work Hours: 40
Department: Human Services | Division: Salt Lake Valley Health Department | Section: Emergency Management
Work Location: Salt Lake County Government Center - 2001 South State Street
Important Information: This position may be subject to a criminal background check. Applicants must possess a current Utah Driver’s license as required to perform job responsibilities.
Directs and manages all activities of the Salt Lake-Summit-Tooele (SST) Hospital Regionalization Program. Acts as a facilitator to develop National Incident Management Systems (NIMS) compliant regional plans that include the coordination of health care organizations within the region; coordination with adjacent health care preparedness regions and the Utah Department of Health; integration with the emergency plans of each county within the region; allocation of resources, triage, altered standards of care plans, alternate care site plans; resource tracking and medical surge management.
Bachelor's degree in community or public health, health administration, nursing, emergency management, or a related field, plus six (6) years of experience in public health, community development, emergency management or closely related field, two of which must have progressive experience supervising, managing or administering public health or community development/coalition type programs. or
Master's degree in community or public health, health administration, nursing, emergency management, or a related field, plus four (4) years of experience in public health, community development, emergency management or closely related field, two of which must have progressive experience supervising, managing or administering public health or community development/coalition type programs.
- Provides leadership and direction for planning, organizing, coordinating and implementing activities of the Salt Lake-Summit-Tooele (SST) Hospital Regionalization Program for the SLVHD.
- Responsible for the overall administration of the Hospital Regionalization Program-organizing, health outreach, budgeting, planning, resource development, and community interaction, partnerships and Memoranda of Understanding (MOU's.)
- Works with Elected Officials, Community, Business and Industry Leaders in the SST Region, to garner support for health care objectives and goals of the Region.
- Directs sand develops a NIMS compliant Regional Plan in coordination with the SST and community partners and agencies.
- Establishes and facilitates the SST to effectively engage hospitals and other health care organizations and entities, communities, boards, councils, task forces, etc., to improve the ability of the SST health care organizations, to deliver quality medical care during an emergency or disaster.
- Represents the Salt Lake Valley Health Department (SLVHD) and the SST in seeking resources and community support to sustain regional goals and objectives.
- Facilitates program linkages, critical to the SST and the health care community.
- Analyzes and interprets information and data; provides timely and instructive information to the SST, the SLVHD and the SLVHD Board of Health, the Summit County Board of Health, the Tooele County Board of Health, for use in planning, evaluation and management, and to further the mission of the Hospital Region.
- Provides assessment of need and recommendation for the SST to improve health care within the Hospital Region.
- Arranges and conducts regular meetings, conferences, work groups, training and exercises with SST and community partners.
- Addresses and includes diverse cultural and at-risk populations in the planning process.
- Ensures all plans, training and exercises are NIMS compliant.
For more information or to apply go to: https://www2.apply2jobs.com/SaltLakeCounty/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=155&CurrentPage=1