Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Race for the Cure registration now open

Register early for chance to win an Outback Steakhouse Certificate, and key volunteer positions are needed, too.



Join us at the Race for the Cure® on Saturday, May 12, 2012.
Note our new location at Library Square! Registration is now open!
Register as an individual, join a team or even volunteer. Once registered, you can also begin fundraising. Your presence makes the Race a great event. Your fundraising helps us find a cure!
To get things rolling, our first 100 registrants (including those who have already signed up) will be entered into a drawing.Five lucky winners will each win a $45 Outback Steakhouse certificate!
In addition, the person who has raised the most funds by Sunday, February 4, will be invited to stop by our offices to receive a special Komen gift basket filled with all kinds of goodies!
The Susan G. Komen Salt Lake City Race for the Cure® is a special day for all. Survivors, family members, friends and dedicated community activists come together to help end breast cancer forever. This year we received over $1 million in grant requests for screening, treatment, and education here in Utah. Help us raise more money than ever before so we can continue to meet local needs.
Volunteer leadership roles available: we need key volunteers to help with our 2012 event, including a logistics and food & beverage chair. If you have time to spare, excellent organization and communication skills, email us your resume. Volunteer registration will open in February for Race-day openings.
We look forward to seeing you on May 12, 2012. With your help, the Salt Lake City Race for the Cure® will be a success and bring us one step closer to ending breast cancer forever!
With grateful appreciation,
Debbie Mintowt
Executive Director
Susan G. Komen for the Cure Salt Lake City Affiliate

DID YOU KNOW?
Of all net funds raised, 75% stays here in Utah to support local programs aimed at screening, treatment and education? The remaining 25% goes to the National Research Program to help find the cures to breast cancer, a disease that will affect 1 in 8 women.

No comments:

Post a Comment