Salary: Grade 23 - $18.18 Hourly / $3,152 Monthly or Grade 25 - $20.01 Hourly /$3,468 Monthly
Opening Date: 12/11/2012 Closing Date: 12/20/2012
Position Type: Full-Time Work Hours: 40
Department: Human Services Division- Salt Lake Valley Health Department
Section: WIC Work Location: Various Locations Throughout Salt Lake County
- Due to the minimum requirements of this position, in order to receive credit for education, licenses and/or certifications, applicants must submit photocopies of official transcripts, licenses and/or certificates on or before the closing date of the job announcement.
- Transcripts must show the major field of study and degree awarded. Transcripts may be faxed to 385-468-05470 or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This position may be subject to a criminal background check.
- It is mandatory all new hires receive the Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria & Pertussis) vaccine before beginning employment.
- This is an expedited recruitment to meet the needs of the division. Please plan accordingly.
Provides specialized nutritional counseling, medical nutrition therapy and follow-up for medically nutritionally compromised clients. Develops, plans and provides nutrition education. Determines eligibility of clients in the Women, Infants and Children (WIC) Program. Promotes, supports and educates breastfeeding women.
Grade 23 . Must be eligible for certification under the Dietitian Certification Act by possessing a conferred degree approved by the State of Utah with a major course of study in the sciences of food, dietetics, food systems management or equivalent major course of study.The successful applicant(s) must be certified with the State of Utah and the ADA commission on Dietetic Registration within six (6) months of hire.
Grade 25. Must be certified by the State of Utah and registered by the American Dietetic Association as a Registered Dietitian (R.D.) with one (1) or more years of dietetic experience.
For more information or to apply go to Salt Lake County Job Listings at: https://www2.apply2jobs.com/SaltLakeCounty/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=851&CurrentPage=1
All job postings close at 12:01 a.m. MST on the closing date of the job announcement. For example, if the listed closing date is January 10th, then the last day you can apply is up to midnight on January 9th.