Duration: April 1 to August 30, 2013
Hours: Approximately 20 outreach events (4 hours each, not including travel) will be scheduled on an irregular basis, including evenings and weekends.
Stipend: $10.00 per hour, with mileage reimbursement for outreach events outside of Salt Lake County.
Openings: Up to eight (8) candidates will be accepted.
Description: Office of Health Disparities interns will comprise the Outreach Team responsible for conducting the “Bridging Communities & Clinics” program, which provides free health screenings, clinic referrals, and promotes access to primary care services to underserved communities. Responsibilities Interns are responsible for tasks including, but not limited to, providing blood pressure, glucose, cholesterol, and BMI screenings; providing counseling; disseminating health and wellness promotion information and referrals; setting up and taking down screening stations; following up with clinic referrals by telephone; and other tasks as needed.
Requirements - Current enrollment status as a medical school student, physician
assistant student, or nursing student.
- Must attend mandatory orientation and trainings.
- Must commit to at least 12 pre-scheduled outreach events.Application: Interested applicants must email responses to the following questions to Jake Fitisemanu, Outreach Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org), along with a current resume:
1. Current academic institution (ex. Westminster College of Nursing).
2. Current year in training (ex. 1st year med student).
3. Language fluency (verbal and written, other than English).Deadline: Applicants must submit requested information before February 28, 2013.
Interviews will be begin the first week of March, 2013.
Contact: Inquiries should be directed to Jake Fitisemanu, Outreach Coordinator
email@example.com, (801) 273 4136.